Current:Home > FinanceTrendPulse|Chris Noth Slams "Absolute Nonsense" Report About Sex and the City Cast After Scandal -TradeGrid
TrendPulse|Chris Noth Slams "Absolute Nonsense" Report About Sex and the City Cast After Scandal
Oliver James Montgomery View
Date:2025-04-07 01:03:44
Chris Noth is speaking out.
The TrendPulse68-year-old recently responded to a report alleging he feels "iced out" by his former Sex and the City costars after he was accused of sexual assault by two women in December 2021.
"I usually don't respond to this kind of thing," Noth captioned a June 23 post featuring a screenshot of the article's headline. "And I do know that people like drama and gossip… but this article by Samantha Ibrahim is absolute nonsense. Just thought you'd like to know."
Following the original allegations, actress Zoe Lister-Jones spoke out about the And Just Like That alum. The Life in Pieces actress, who said she worked at a club owned by Noth in her early 20s in a December 2021 Instagram post, accused him of being "consistently sexually inappropriate with a fellow female promoter" and further alleged he was "drunk on set" when she guest starred on Law & Order.
Additionally, Heather Kristin, a former SATC stand-in, also then named Noth as the previously unnamed "alpha male" actor she said "manhandled" her and exhibited "toxic behavior" on set in a February 2021 essay.
At the time, Noth's former co-stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis shared a joint statement regarding the allegations.
"We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth," they shared on their respective social media accounts. "We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it."
Then almost five months after they first came to light, Parker broke her silence on the allegations against her former colleague.
"I don't even know if I'm ready to talk about it," the actress—who in addition to starring in the show, also serves as an executive producer on And Just like That—told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview published May 2022. "But I don't think … I wasn't reacting as a producer. I should have worked on this because I'm just … it's just…"
When asked if she's spoken to her former onscreen spouse, she simply replied, "No."
For his part, Noth has denied the accusations, issuing a statement to E! News in December 2021.
"The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false," he said. "These stories could've been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago—no always means no—that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It's difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don't know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women."
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (31481)
Related
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- As affordable housing disappears, states scramble to shore up the losses
- Why Hurricane Helene Could Finally Change the Conversation Around Climate Change
- A coal miner killed on the job in West Virginia is the 10th in US this year, surpassing 2023 total
- Why Sean "Diddy" Combs Is Being Given a Laptop in Jail Amid Witness Intimidation Fears
- 'CEO of A List Smiles' charged with practicing dentistry without license in Atlanta
- Why Hurricane Helene Could Finally Change the Conversation Around Climate Change
- Hilary Swank Gets Candid About Breastfeeding Struggles After Welcoming Twins
- California DMV apologizes for license plate that some say mocks Oct. 7 attack on Israel
- Costco says it cut prices on some Kirkland Signature products in earnings call
Ranking
- Pregnant Kylie Kelce Shares Hilarious Question Her Daughter Asked Jason Kelce Amid Rising Fame
- NFL says it's not involved in deciding when Tua Tagovailoa returns from concussion
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker's NSFW Halloween Decorations Need to Be Seen to Be Believed
- Barbie releases new doll for Diwali to 'celebrate the power and beauty of diversity'
- Sam Taylor
- Leslie strengthens into a hurricane in the Atlantic but isn’t threatening land
- Frustrated Helene survivors struggle to get cell service in destructive aftermath
- AP News Digest - California
Recommendation
Meta releases AI model to enhance Metaverse experience
Wayfair’s Way Day 2024 Sale Has Unbeatable Under $50 Deals & up to 80% off Decor, Bedding & More
'It was just a rug': Police conclude search after Columbus woman's backyard discovery goes viral
Lionel Messi, Inter Miami rely on late goal to keep MLS record pursuit alive
Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
Devils' Jacob Markstrom makes spectacular save to beat Sabres in NHL season opener
Ken Paxton sues TikTok for violating new Texas social media law
Neighbors of Bitcoin Mine in Texas File Nuisance Lawsuit Over Noise Pollution